Thursday, June 14, 2012

When I am weak, then I am strong

Life is full and busy.  Life can be tough, and we become weary. 

Praise God for the indwelling of the Holy Spirit!  Because of Him we can do things when our energy is spent.  When we can truly not think any longer, His strength envelopes us to give us the abiltiy to make one more decision that must be made.  When we can not handle one more thing, He helps us graciously do just that.

2 Corinthians 12:7-10
The LORD said to Paul concerning his weariness:
“My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.”
Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses,
so that the power of Christ may dwell in me.
Therefore I am well content with weaknesses, with insults,
with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ’s sake;
for when I am weak, then I am strong.

I am continually amazed at our great God.  I may desire miracles, but me not receiving them doesn't mean I do not see His hand in my life or in other people's lives who are close to me. 

Thank you, my merciful Father, for Your grace is sufficient for me.  

How many Believers have suffered before me?  When I enter His glory I will know their testimonies and glorify His name more that math could ever calculate.  Even so, I personally have witnessed His grace more than I could ever deserve, except that I am His child and thus worthy.  How precious it is to be His handmaiden, His adopted daughter, His child. 

Thankful beyond words...

for when I am weak, then I am strong.

Isaiah 40:28-31
Do you not know? Have you not heard?  The Everlasting God,
the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth does not
become weary or tired.  His understanding is inscrutable.
He gives strength to the weary, and to him who lacks might
He increases power.  Though youths grow weary and tired,
and vigorous young men stumble badly, yet those who
wait for the Lord will gain new strength; they will mount up
with wings like eagles, they will run and not get tired,
they will walk and not become weary.


No comments: