Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Here is the Sweetness

“…here is the sweetness of my lot:  
I am a stranger with You.  
You are my co-sufferer, my fellow traveler.  
Oh, what joy to wander in such blessed society!  

My heart burns within me 
when You speak with me along the way and, 
though I am a sojourner, 
I am far more blessed than those who sit on thrones, 
and far more at home 
than those who dwell under the ceilings of their houses.

*

“To me remains nor place, nor time:
My country is in every clime;
I cam be calm and free from care
On any shore, since 
God is there."
author unknown

*

“Hear my prayer, O Lord, 
and give ear to my cry;
Do not be silent at my tears;
For I am a stranger with You,
A sojourner like all my fathers."
Psalm 39:12

*
excerpt from Morning and Evening by Spurgeon, March 16 a.m.

No comments: