Monday, November 18, 2019

So Christian, you say you are better than everyone else? --or-- Is that a millstone around your neck?

It has been said that PRIDE has its home in virtue.

A typical prideful thought would be, 
"I am more humble than you."

A righteous way of thinking would be crying out to the LORD saying,
"I am a simple servant of Christ Jesus!"

As a child of God we must turn from the easy, evil path of PRIDE toward true humility as in the innocence of a child.

PRIDE says, 
"I can do it all myself, and I will do it my way since I know I am humble."

Humility says, 
"Oh, LORD, I can't do this life on my own! 
It is too difficult and scary! 
Help me so I can overcome my fears and inabilities! 
I desire to accomplish things in Your strength!"

During Jesus' life on earth many kinds of people were marginalized, they were not considered as important. Children were one of these kinds of people.  We have many marginalized people today. 

In Matthew 18 Jesus taught about humility using children as an example. He encouraged the disciples to become like a child with the end result being a life reflecting the greatness of God to a needy fallen world full of marginalized people.  

How can we do this without the LORD's help? 

How can we revert back to a child-like innocence without Him? 

How can we truly shun PRIDE and live in humility? 

Submit to His Word in His TRUTH. 

Go to Him every day as His beloved child. Cry out to Him in your brokenness and true humility! 

Read His Word in truth---Do not listen to what others say to you unless what they say completely agrees with God's Word!

Find your greatness only in the LORD.

Turn from the easy path of PRIDE which can never, ever be satisfied. 

PRIDE always requires and desires more and more and more and more...

Flee from all relationships which are full of PRIDE, Manipulations, and Control. They have woven a great millstone around your neck! You have become a stumbling block to all who know you! Flee! Flee before it is too late!

Humble yourself before the LORD God Almighty 
and become His child in His truth alone!

Matthew 18:1-7
"At that time the disciples came to Jesus and said, 
“Who then is greatest in the kingdom of heaven?” 

And He called a child to Himself and set him before them, and said, 
“Truly I say to you, unless you are converted and become like children, 
you will not enter the kingdom of heaven.

Whoever then humbles himself as this child, 
he is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

And whoever receives one such child in My name receives Me;
but whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to stumble, 
it would be better for him to have a heavy millstone hung around his neck, 
and to be drowned in the depth of the sea.

“Woe to the world because of its stumbling blocks! 

For it is inevitable that stumbling blocks come; 
but woe to that man through whom the stumbling block comes!"

*

No comments: