Thursday, April 2, 2020

Riding the Wind



















I have often wondered what it would be like to fly in a sail plane. I would think it would be quiet, and that is what I would love about it. Riding the warm air currents all the while gravity is bringing it back to earth.

So how long would that last?!

Reality is that an engine - noisy - has to bring the sail plane way up high into the sky first before it is let go to glide calmly and quietly for however long a time, and then eventually it will come down to land - back to the noises of this world.

Where is it that we can find peace in the noise of this world?

All of our Trust must be in the LORD God

Jeremiah 17:7-8
“Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord
And whose trust is the Lord.

“For he will be like a tree planted by the water,
That extends its roots by a stream
And will not fear when the heat comes;

But its leaves will be green,
And it will not be anxious in a year of drought
Nor cease to yield fruit."

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the Lord with all your heart
And do not lean on your own understanding.

In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He will make your paths straight.

1 John 5:14
This is the confidence which we have before Him, that, 
if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us.

Psalm 56:3-4, 8-11
When I am afraid,
I will put my trust in You.

In God, whose word I praise,
In God I have put my trust;

I shall not be afraid.
What can mere man do to me?...

...You have taken account of my wanderings;
Put my tears in Your bottle.
Are they not in Your book?

Then my enemies will turn back in the day when I call;
This I know, that God is for me.

In God, whose word I praise,
In the Lord, whose word I praise,

In God I have put my trust, 
I shall not be afraid.
What can man do to me?

Philippians 4:19
And my God will supply all your needs 
according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus.

*

No comments: