Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Memories which continue to encourage me

Every season brings happy memories of my sweet mother.


Bakings, makings, decoratings, moving furniture...to sitting and enjoying the breezes and listening to the wind through the pines.


So many things remind me of her. I lost her too soon -at age 67- but every thing about her comes out in me. 


The homemaking things I love to do - she taught me to do them.


The way she loved on each of us, family, and friends is instilled in me.


I will never cook as well as she did, but I sure can bake her cookies just as well!


I love to clean up the house after a season, and rearrange the furniture which still surprises everyone!


I love to make and create sewing, crocheting, crafts, miniatures...she saw this in me as a little one. I still have embroidery she had me doing when I was so young, and the doll house she bought at a moving sale which she eventually gave to me at age 5....


I cannot separate her from whom I became and I didn't realize this until she was with the LORD.  I am so very thankful for all of what my mother gave in me.

*


No comments: