Sunday, December 12, 2010

Creation proclaims the Creator

“The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of His hands.  Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they display knowledge.  There is no speech or language where their voice is not heard.  Their voice goes out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world.” Psalm 19:1-4a

As we expected, we had our second “snow day” today; there are dangerous roads and strong winds with the temps near zero.  I am in the middle of making cookies.  The house has a sweet aroma.

As I rolled out the dough, I thought of what we have missed today at our worship in church.  Today was the Adult Christmas Cantata.  I have waited in great anticipation to hear the choir sing.  One reason is because we have a dear friend singing in the choir for the first time, so we have heard first hand of the excitement to come.

One other joy connected with the cantata is our friend’s little canary.  When we have been in their home, we have heard this little bird sing and sing---sing all by himself, sing as the vacuum runs or sing when the mixer was making mashed potatoes.  This little bird sang at the top of his lungs in beautiful melodies.

It seems that this little bird sang before, but after the CD of the cantata was listened to over and over again for practicing, the little bird became more melodious than ever.  I rejoice to hear this little bird proclaim the work of His hands!

Birds have touched my heart before.  I love that the Creator made them---and so many kinds of them.  I love how He says in His word that He knows about each one and so then, how much more does He care about us?!

Even with the strong winds today and the terror of the Sharp Shinned Hawk who likes to “eat” at our feeder also-----the birds have been busy eating at the feeder to keep their energy up against the cold temps.  It has been a joy to watch them all day.

“Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, O LORD, my rock and my Redeemer."  Psalm 19:14

No comments: