Sunday, March 29, 2015

Exchange the Meaning

an excerpt from Joni's Diamonds in the Dust devotional, for January 4:

Father, I present to You today 
the disappointing things in my life 
that hold sad or tragic meaning.  
Turn my darkness into light.  
Exchange the sadness for hope.  
Let me see these things as symbols 
of Your loving and sovereign touch. 
I will praise You, for You 
are the God who turns weeping into joy.
*

...God can exchange the tragic meaning behind accidents or injuries for something new and positive.  The cross is a good example.  What was once a symbol of torture and pain now represents hope and salvation! ...

What are the symbols of tragedy in your life?  A Crutch or hearing aid?  Where you live?  Your appearance or abilities?  God can exchange the meaning of the heartbreak for something hopeful and positive.  God did it at the Cross, and He can do it for you.
*  



No comments: