Saturday, March 21, 2015

We are called children of God!

 See how great a love the Father has bestowed on us, 
that we would be called children of God; 
and such we are. 
For this reason the world does not know us, 
because it did not know Him.
1 John 3:1
*

When we claim the name of Christ it is an honor to call ourselves Christians.  

We "bear the stamp of His character and His reputation.  When people find out that you are a Christian, they should already have an idea of who you are and what you are like simply because you bear such a precious name.

If you were asked to describe yourself, what titles would be first on your list?  

That you are married or single, employed or unemployed?  

Would you then list your hair color or height? 

Or would you immediately respond, "I am a Christian...."?

I'll tell the world that I'm a Christian,
  I'm not ashamed Your name to bear.  
I'll tell the world that I'm a Christian,
  I'll take You with me anywhere. 
I'll tell the world how You have saved me, 
and how You gave me a life brand-new, 
I'll tell the world that I'm a Christian, 
eternal life I'll live with You.

by Baynard L. Fox
*
excerpt from Joni, Diamonds in the Dust, March 17. 
*

No comments: