Saturday, October 31, 2020

If only I had a house in Kansas.

 

I don't know what to say.  

The LORD surely and certainly uses everything which comes into our lives. 

He loves us dearly, chastens us, opens our eyes, listens to us, holds us accountable, teaches us, warns us, blesses us, and holds us gently and tightly in our agonies...

He helps us in all things, but He doesn't necessarily take away our struggles.

Matthew 11:28-30 Jesus says:  “Come to Me, all who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is comfortable, and My burden is light.”

The fact is that we can most definitely learn more from Him while in our sorrows than when we are on the mountain tops.

2 Corinthians 1:3-4   "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction so that we will be able to comfort those who are in any affliction with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.

For just as the sufferings of Christ are ours in abundance, so also our comfort is abundant through Christ. 

But if we are afflicted, it is for your comfort and salvation; or if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which is effective in the patient enduring of the same sufferings which we also suffer; and our hope for you is firmly grounded, knowing that as you are partners in our sufferings, so also you are in our comfort."

Thousands and thousands of times I have given Him myriads of my own scenarios to "solve" my sorrows. Then, of course, I eventually give Him all of me and all of my life for Him to work as He will in them.

I am always hopeful, but still, I have never seen an end to our agonies.

Oh, joy! for I have seen changes and growth in me! It hasn't been magic, but the LORD working in me, me choosing to listen and learn, and me realizing the LORD loves me, even me, and so I rest in Him more completely each step of the way.

So do you see?  I don't need to have a house in Kansas which is taken by a tornado to the Land of Oz to end my sufferings as my house lands.

All I need is what I have already! The LORD God Almighty is my God and I am His child saved by His marvelous grace!. His Son, Jesus, died a perfect sacrifice and then was raised to life again for all who choose Him!

This is where I am! I am in His royal priesthood, I am His possession, I am holy because He is holy, and I continue to receive so much of His marvelous grace and mercies! 

You can also! 

1 Peter 2:9-10 "But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for God’s own possession, so that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; for you once were not a people, but now you are the people of God; you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy."


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jill,

Your words echo a mature believer in the Lord! It’s okay to know and express our sorrows and heartaches to Jesus. Nobody, but nobody
cares and understands like He does! The thoughts and intentions of our heart are open to Him. He has it all in control and decides just how much we can endure in the pain department. He’s ever there to walk with us, convict, forgive and encourage.

I sometimes think of the mansions in heaven and what they will be like. Nothing in Oz could even get close to what awaits His children!
Maybe we’ll both have bluebirds flying all around! Thanks for the encouragement to keep our eyes on the prize of our upward calling!

Kathryn

The Piper's Wife said...

What a sight Blue Birds in Heaven would be! Thank you, Kathryn :o)

I surely know that Oz is nothing compared to the Lord's Glory :o) It is in my sorrows and sinfulness where I was making an analogy of my house landing on the ones who have wickedly abused us. But instead, I know the LORD will hold them accountable more than I could ever do, and I know it is His job not mine, so again I praise the LORD for His safety and justice!