Saturday, October 3, 2020

"There is no sun without shadow, and not all clouds bring rain."

It is in our fallen humanity to have trials and traumas in our lives. We either cause them, someone else is the cause, or other outside influences cause them.

I have heard from more than one person that if you are not in a trial right now, you can expect one to come into your life soon enough.

"...Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing..." 

"The sun shines brightly after it rains."

Trials in life are not "fun". They can be mild or horrific. While in the midst of trials we may be begging the LORD to release us from them. This is understandable!

At the same time the LORD may or may not release us from the agonies of trials. His grace is sufficient for us. We tend to draw closer to the LORD in trials more than any other time. If we try and are able to think rightly during trials we may begin to understand how very close the LORD is to us. He is so close! He is as close to a saint in trials and traumas as He is when the saint's life is "fine".

"...Because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations, for this reason, to keep me from exalting myself, there was given me a thorn in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to torment me—to keep me from exalting myself! Concerning this I implored the Lord three times that it might leave me. And He has said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.” 

Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me. Therefore I am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ’s sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong..."

I find that in me "boasting" seems too arrogant, but with any opportunity to share my testimony I can easily boast, because I am proclaiming and boasting in the LORD! It is NOT me in my weakness who continues, but it is the LORD God Almighty who in my weakness gives me His strength to get up and carry on. And THAT is really something!

"God is our refuge and strength,
A very present help in trouble.

Therefore we will not fear, though the earth should change
And though the mountains slip into the heart of the sea;

Though its waters roar and foam,
Though the mountains quake at its swelling pride..." 

"The way of cultivation is not easy."  and "No garden is without weeds."

Our lives here on earth are like all those people before us, even back to Biblical times. Each one of us is a sinner, some are sinners saved by grace.  Life in our fallen world is difficult, with trials, traumas, agonies as well as joys, calmness, fun.
We are to live and enjoy our lives even though it is difficult. 

Just so you know, a sinner saved by God's grace lives in Him, thus His strength, His wisdom, His safety. It is a joy and a relief to be His child in this evil world. If you are not His child yet you need to seek Him with all your might by going to His Word!

"...But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, so that the surpassing greatness of the power will be of God and not from ourselves; we are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not despairing; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed; always carrying about in the body the dying of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our body. 

For we who live are constantly being delivered over to death for Jesus’ sake, so that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our mortal flesh. So death works in us, but life in you.

But having the same spirit of faith, according to what is written, “I believed, therefore I spoke,” we also believe, therefore we also speak, knowing that He who raised the Lord Jesus will raise us also with Jesus and will present us with you. For all things are for your sakes, so that the grace which is spreading to more and more people may cause the giving of thanks to abound to the glory of God.

Therefore we do not lose heart, but though our outer man is decaying, yet our inner man is being renewed day by day. For momentary, light affliction is producing for us an eternal weight of glory far beyond all comparison, while we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen; for the things which are seen are temporal, but the things which are not seen are eternal."

"It is little good planting last year's crop."

It is human nature to look backwards, lament, and whine about our past.  But it is the past! Don't look back unless it is part of your own testimony which you share for how the LORD turned you around and saved your life. 

If you are wallowing in your past, get up, and allow the LORD to lift your head! He has His strength to do this in you.

"...The one who is taught the word is to share all good things with the one who teaches him. Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, this he will also reap. For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life.

Let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we will reap if we do not grow weary. So then, while we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, and especially to those who are of the household of the faith..."

Glorifying God with my life!
*

All blue quotes as well as the title of this Blog are "old sayings", authors unknown.

Incredible internet photo is of the earth at dawn


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jill,
How good to be reminded of God’s incredible keeping power, in trials, or not. Sometimes I forget how close He is to me....so willing and ready to listen to our prayers, and giving us the patience to trust His answers. He knows what disciplines need to be applied, even gently,
To draw us from ourselves to Him! Repentance! God is so very kind and full of grace. Now is the time for salvation. Maybe someone who reads your posts will be drawn to Jesus for salvation. This post especially touched my heart!

Kathryn

The Piper's Wife said...

Yes, praying. His Word is powerful!