Wednesday, December 23, 2020

What a Beautiful Sign!

 


God's Creation: Rainbow promise   


Genesis 9:12-17

"God said, “This is the sign of the covenant which I am making between Me and you and every living creature that is with you, for all future generations; I have set My rainbow in the cloud, and it shall serve as a sign of a covenant between Me and the earth. 


It shall come about, when I make a cloud appear over the earth, that the rainbow will be seen in the cloud, and I will remember My covenant, which is between Me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and never again shall the water become a flood to destroy all flesh. 


When the rainbow is in the cloud, then I will look at it, to remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is on the earth.” 


And God said to Noah, “This is the sign of the covenant which I have established between Me and all flesh that is on the earth.”

*

We live by two lakes, two rivers, and one natural slough which is practically in our back yard. We have enjoyed the wildlife very much through the years and the many, many rainbows which cross our open skies.


This week the weather turned warmish for a couple of days and I suppose this may have had something to do with the very large amounts of Canada Geese in flight, swirling low above us along with their wonderful honking. 


At first I was use to it and went about my business. After a while I realized that this was something spectacular happening. I decided to sit and just enjoy the "air show".  Even the kitties were in wonder at it all. At first they crouched and hid, and then they came out looking up with me.


It was quite a show while sitting to watch comfortably with the warm breezes. Watching this beautiful sight brought back such beautiful, sweet memories. We had lived for quite a while in the Chicago area where there were many a retention pond for Canada Geese to stay the winter throughout that huge area.


Although the LORD was lifting my head, this day my heart was homesick for our far away home with all the honking of the Geese. Comfort was there, and seemingly its warm safety. 


I thought about these memories for a while with my sorrows turning into great agony.  Soon enough reality set in while I was allowing the LORD to hold me tightly, safely, comfortingly even in my sorrows and long ago happy memories!


We live far away from those days of big cities, honking geese, and happy memories. The LORD was with us then and He is still mighty in our life here. He is even more  to us now than ever before.  So much growing up in Him! What Joy! 


I sat and knew that THIS is NOT our home! What child of His could stand to live here when we could be with Him in His mighty Kingdom for eternity! Looking forward to His return!


This World is NOT my Home!!!


John 15:18-19

...“If the world hates you, you know that it has hated Me before it hated you. 


If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, because of this the world hates you."...


John 18:36

"...Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world. 


If My kingdom were of this world, My servants would be fighting so that I would not be handed over to the Jews; but as it is, My kingdom is not of this realm.” ...


Hebrews 13:7-14

..."Remember those who led you, who spoke the word of God to you; and considering the result of their way of life, imitate their faith.


Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today, and forever.


Do not be misled by varied and strange teachings; for it is good for the heart to be strengthened by grace, not by foods, through which those who were so occupied were not benefited.


We have an altar from which those who serve the tabernacle have no right to eat. For the bodies of those animals whose blood is brought into the Holy Place by the high priest as an offering for sin are burned outside the camp.


Therefore Jesus also suffered outside the gate, that He might sanctify the people through His own blood.


So then, let us go out to Him outside the camp, bearing His reproach. For here we do not have a lasting city, but we are seeking the city which is to come."...


1Peter 2:11-17

..."Beloved, I urge you as foreigners and strangers to abstain from fleshly lusts, which wage war against the soul.


Keep your behavior excellent among the Gentiles, so that in the thing in which they slander you as evildoers, they may because of your good deeds, as they observe them, glorify God on the day of visitation.


Submit yourselves for the Lord’s sake to every human institution, whether to a king as the one in authority, or to governors as sent by him for the punishment of evildoers and the praise of those who do right.


For such is the will of God, that by doing right you silence the ignorance of foolish people.


Act as free people, and do not use your freedom as a covering for evil, but use it as bond-servants of God.


Honor all people, love the brotherhood, fear God, honor the king."...

*

Hope to see you, dear reader, there!
*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jill, I’m glad you took me along, at least mentally, for the beautiful air show of flying and honking geese. Rainbows are special, too, as they remind us of God’s promise to not destroy the earth by water again. The picture of the double rainbow is pretty. God made the earth so beautiful for us to enjoy. Your pictures and stories nourish the soul! And, you remind us that our heavenly home will be even better!
Keep looking up!

Nelia

The Piper's Wife said...

Such precious words, thank you, Nelia. Praising the LORD for giving me words to say to encourage others in their walk. It means the world to me to glorify His Name!