Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Thankfulness: A Snowy Winter is Actually Good

"A snowy winter, a plentiful harvest."

Seasons: thankfulness

I have been in farm country most of my life. At the same time I have been in the towns nearby so I have heard both sides of the coin.

"Oh, no it is raining/snowing!"

or 

"Oh, my when will it rain/snow?"

I know how important our water situation is for every day and every year so I am thankful for the precipitation!

...“You have heard that it was said, 

‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 

But I say to you, 

love your enemies and pray 
for those who persecute you, 
so that you may prove yourselves to be sons 
of your Father who is in heaven; 
for He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, 
and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.

For if you love those who love you,
what reward do you have? 
Even the tax collectors, 
do they not do the same?

And if you greet only your brothers and sisters, 
what more are you doing than others? 

Even the Gentiles, do they not do the same? 

Therefore you shall be perfect, 
as your heavenly Father is perfect."

..."Sow for yourselves, 
with a view to righteousness;
Harvest in accordance with kindness.
Break up your uncultivated ground,
For it is time to seek the Lord
Until He comes 
and rains righteousness on you."...

..."So that people may know 
from the rising to the setting of the sun

That there is no one besides Me.

I am the Lord, and there is no one else,

The One forming light and creating darkness,

Causing well-being and creating disaster;

I am the Lord who does all these things.

“Drip down, heavens, from above,

And let the clouds pour down righteousness;

Let the earth open up and salvation bear fruit,

And righteousness sprout with it.
I, the Lord, have created it."...


...“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways My ways,” declares the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are My ways higher than your ways
And My thoughts than your thoughts.

For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven,
And do not return there without watering the earth
And making it produce and sprout,
And providing seed to the sower and bread to the eater;

So will My word be which goes out of My mouth;
It will not return to Me empty,
Without accomplishing what I desire,
And without succeeding in the purpose for which I sent it.

For you will go out with joy
And be led in peace;
The mountains and the hills 
will break into shouts of joy before you,
And all the trees of the field will clap their hands."...

*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jill,

Wonderful Scripture verses and lovely snow picture! Hope we get some of the white, peaceful winterscape before season’s end!
You always post amazing pictures!

Nelia

The Piper's Wife said...

Thank you, Nelia...I hope you receive some snow also! It changes your whole outlook as it covers the "old" landscape.

We have had a winter wonderland for days with all of our snow and the snow crystals which form on everything in fog, hoar frost. It has been so beautiful!

I always watch for photos on the internet. Had this one since it was in the 90*s :o)