Monday, December 20, 2021

Happiness

 

Purposely choose Happiness

My mother was extraordinary. She was sweet as could be, but could keep us in line and ready "to do or go" at any time.

She is so woven into my life even though she has been with the LORD for ~25 years.

There are so many things I love all because of her. 

Her growing up was difficult, plus, money was an issue. The few toys she had she treasured. When she had her own children she didn't go overboard because she had "missed out", but she "studied" each child while growing up, even grown up.  She knew what each of us loved and so she aimed in at those things as gifts.

As a girl she knew I would love a doll's house so when an Air Force family had to transfer and sell everything, she bought the doll's house and all - even though I was too young for it. I found out years later that she had it in her closet for those few years before I received it as a gift.

At Christmas time I bring out three greenery swags I have decorated with smaller ornaments  she has given me, and those which I have gotten which remind me of her. So pretty and festive. She would have loved them.

She easily loved anything we would do. She loved to listen about our lives. She would stop everything to sit and hear it. She easily loved. 

I would say that she purposely chose happiness!

My only regret is that I didn't love on her more and more. If she was here she would say,"Oh, but you did!"

Every day I praise the LORD for my sweet mother.

..."The Lord is the portion of my inheritance and my cup;
You support my lot.

The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places;
Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me."...
*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jill,
I think our mothers were cut of the same cloth! It truly was a joy to read what you shared of growing up. I had my own outings to the big department stores, maybe twice a year, with my mother. A rich memory! One Easter she bought me a pair of baby blue velvet shoes, which made me so happy. They were the prettiest shoes in all the world ( in my little girl mind!). How good is our Lord to have given us such loving mothers! To those whose moms are still living....your good reminder to love on and appreciate them!
Nelia

The Piper's Wife said...

Thank you, Nelia, what joy to hear of your own experiences with your precious mother! Even to going to the big department stores. I loved to her about your blue velvet shoes! They sound fantastic!

Thank you, also, for reminding others to love and appreciate their own mothers! Time is short! let's get busy loving our mothers! :o)