Monday, January 2, 2012

The LORD is my portion

Gentle woman...perhaps you are in a difficult season of life which seems will never end.  

The LORD sees you, though, and He hears you. 

Are you like me with a continuous agony that "follows" me around no matter where I go or what I do?  If so, I encourage you to run to the LORD, hunger for His word in your heart and mind, and also be aware of Him in your everyday life.

He will rarely choose to be "loud" to get our attention.   Instead, most often, He will probably be quiet in His mercies which He showers upon us.  His hand will be shown to each one of us if we open our weary heart.  In these moments He will lift our head and we will be strengthened to be carried by Him to the "next things".   He will not leave us~~~ever

For me He is in the tender letter or text message from a dear friend, an invitation to a quiet get~together with loving people who know I ache, or in a little bird I have never seen at our feeder, who reminds me how much more He loves and cares for me.  He is the peace I experience even when I am all alone and living in chaos.

Most people around me can't understand "how" I continue.  They are amazed at the things I can continue to do for Him.  They think and say that they would never be able to carry on if this had happened to them.  Even though they also love the LORD, the situation seems too huge for them.  They do not understand the words I say to glorify the Father in how He works in me.  I marvel at Him also because I do not understand it either, even though I live it.  

And thank God! I live it!

Where would I be without Him?  How could I have survived these many years, but through how He gently has carried me, lifted me up, allowed my tears and then wiped them away in His compassion.

You will find that some people you would have never guessed do understand you, even without many words.  They are in their own agonies and they have chosen to look and listen and live in His mercies also.  These dear people will be your prayer partners as you choose to uphold them to God in prayer as they do you, for as long as it takes.

As you "pick up" the rest of the holiday leavings and your heart is as heavy as mine has been, run to Him in this new day!

My LORD:
Remember my affliction and my wandering, the wormwood and bitterness.  
Surely my soul remembers and is bowed down within me.
This I recall to my mind, therefore I have hope.
The LORD’S lovingkindnesses indeed never cease,
for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning;
Great is Your faithfulness. “The LORD is my portion,” says my soul,
“Therefore I have hope in Him.”  The LORD is good to those who wait for Him,
to the person who seeks Him.
Lamentations 3:19-25

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

That was beautiful. Thank you.

The Piper's Wife said...

God does not waste our pain if we choose to glorify Him through it. Precious blessings to you, Jennifer.