Friday, January 13, 2012

Our scarlet sins whiter than snow















Yesterday was our first snow storm of this winter.  I spent most of the day just looking out, but it was difficult to enjoy the snow as it fell, while it was flying by my eyes horizontally at 30 miles per hour. 

The official amount of snow is about 5 inches, but don't tell me that after I blew two foot drifts off of our drive and walks for two hours.  As our eccentric neighbor use to say, "now that the ambulance can get in" I can breath a sigh of relief.   Poor thing, she was about one of the meanest persons I have ever met.  I do hope under her anger, for her life was a sad one, she actually loved the LORD and is with Him now with no more snow or sorrows.

Our sorrows can lead us right into sins.  We can blame everyone else for causing our sorrows, but the choice to sin is our own.  Bitterness and anger, to name only two, can rule our lives if we allow it.  We have the choice to give up our anger and bitterness, etc. to the LORD, and when we choose this choice God is glorified.

The choice may be a tough one to live out.   Just like every discipline (teaching ourselves to obey) it may take some time to master it.  The LORD is our strength and we have the Holy Spirit in us to overcome our struggles.  Your struggles may still be like a roller coaster because this life is tough and we will not reach perfection on earth.  Eventually you will realize, though, that you are actually better at running to Him with your struggles.  Do not become weary in doing good, for in due time you will reap.

"Come now, and let us reason together," says the LORD, "Though your sins are as scarlet, they will be as white as snow;  Though they are red like crimson, they will be like wool."
Isaiah 1:18

Galations 6:6-10

As I drove to the store earlier, and now as I look out at the blanket of white snow, it is gently snowing.  We have had a mild winter so far and the landscapes were mainly brown with greenish tinges, but the angles seemed so jagged.  It wasn't that bleak, but now that the blanket of snow covers the land it looks beautiful and softened. 

What a wonderful analogy to cover red with white.  In reality the color red is difficult to cover.  But the LORD uses this verbiage to have our scarlet sins covered with a blanket of white snow turning us into beautiful, softened, saved people.


"May You purify me with hyssop, and I shall be clean;  May You wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow."
Psalm 51:6























No comments: