Wednesday, January 11, 2012

My Mother's hands

I was thinking of my mother as I drove into town this past week.  


The sun must have been at an angle across the back of my hands and I noticed some age spots which reminded me of her.


She had beautiful hands.


My hands do not look like her hands as mine take after my father's hands.  Her hands were slender with long fingers.  


Eventually she had age spots and arthritis in her knuckles, but they were just as beautiful to me.


Her gentle and loving hands which I remember did absolutely everything from dainty handiwork and holding babies to every difficult and dirty job a mother needs to accomplish throughout her day.




Even though my hands do not look exactly as my mother's, I see her in mine, and I am thankful for her example to me as I grew up under her care and also as I left the nest as an adult.


It isn't what you look like, it is your behavior which matters...


"...so the word of God will not be dishonored."
Titus 2:1-5


  




No comments: