Wednesday, January 16, 2013

I'm kind of an Apologist

I've been married to an apologist for over 30 years.  He is my very own Bible Answer Man.     It has been in these years where I have begun to realize that some of his vocabulary, his knowledge, and expertise has rubbed off on me~~~or stuck on me.

The other day when talking with a dear friend, she commented, "Where did you learn all these big, fancy words?"

I kind of shrugged my shoulders, as I know I have forgotten almost everything I ever learned in Kindergarten, and said, "I hang around Glenn."  She understood immediately since she is a Facebook friend of his.

As I give you this link to Sola Sisters, I will say how I understand exactly what they are expressing.  Here is a snippet, but please check out their whole post called Why We Contend.


My sister and I have often lamented the fact that we have had friends separate from us over what they perceive to be as an unloving and judgmental attitude that we have about false teaching/false teachers. 

Our opinion? These precious (but undiscerning) women who have children who are growing up (as we do), will in all likelihood have children who go off to college, get handed a Rob Bell book by one of their "Christian" friends, and these young men/women who have been given NO doctrinal training about what false teaching is (but have instead been given a strong dose of "Judge not!") will come home at Thanksgiving break as Universalists. And their horrified mothers (our former friends) will wonder how on earth this could have happened. ...

"Fix these words of mine in your hearts and minds; tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Teach them to your children, talking about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up." Deut 11:18-19



Friends, do you not realize that it is a war out there? 

It's a spiritual battle, and we need to be suited up. Spiritual warfare is not puffing up your chest, and claiming the ability to name and rebuke demons (the "demon of fear," the "demon of unbelief," etc.) 


No, true spiritual warfare is fighting with biblical truth against these false and worldly ideologies that are just waiting to take your children's minds captive when they go out into the world...


"See to it that no one takes you captive by philosophy and empty deceit, according to human tradition, according to the elemental spirits of the world, and not according to Christ." Col 2:8 


HT The Watchman's Bagpipes




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, we know it is a war out there. The question is, why do you and your BagPipe Beloved keep shooting at the Christians??

The Piper's Wife said...

Anonymous ... Have you read any of my posts? I do not “shoot” at Christians.

Why are you so angry? You have just judged me by what you have accused me.

Perhaps you are confused and maybe even deceived by teachings you are invested in, which may not follow the Bible correctly.

Please check out reasons I stand for God’s truth:

Why We Contend by Sola Sisters
http://solasisters.blogspot.com/2013/01/why-we-contend.html

We, personally, encounter this weekly. God commands us to contend for the Faith, and so I do.

Attacking Christians? by the Watchman Bagpipes will explain fully why I contend.
http://watchmansbagpipes.blogspot.com/2013/01/attacking-christians.html

There are many traumas which plague our lives in this fallen world.

One of these traumas are unsaved people who are swept into falsehoods and blinded by them. They are literally lost unless they are someday open to God’s truth.

A second trauma are Believers who are wooed and then follow after what “looks” Biblical, but it laced with heresy or other deception. They either twist or trash God’s truth, leaving it behind, for their new, “holier faith”. As they do this they are usually destroying family and friends along the way, as cruelty and shunning is part of their their new “holiness”. We have watched this too many times to even try to count.

“Even from your own number men will arise and distort the truth in order to draw away disciples after them.”
Acts 20:20


”Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm.”
Ephesians 6:13

I am standing firm.