Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Do not be taken captive in empty deceptions








-Schulz

Colossians 2:6-15
"...Therefore as you have received Christ Jesus the Lord, 
so walk in Him, having been firmly rooted and now being 
built up in Him and established in your faith, just as you 
were instructed, and overflowing with gratitude.

See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy 
and empty deception, according to the tradition of men, 
according to the elementary principles of the world, 
rather than according to Christ. 

For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form,
and in Him you have been made complete, and He is the 
head over all rule and authority; and in Him you were also 
circumcised with a circumcision made without hands, 
in the removal of the body of the flesh by the circumcision 
of Christ; having been buried with Him in baptism, in 
which you were also raised up with Him through faith 
in the working of God, who raised Him from the dead.

When you were dead in your transgressions and the 
uncircumcision of your flesh, He made you alive together 
with Him, having forgiven us all our transgressions, 
having canceled out the certificate of debt consisting of 
decrees against us, which was hostile to us; and He has 
taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross.

When He had disarmed the rulers and authorities, He 
made a public display of them, having triumphed over 
them through Him..."

Psalms 118:5-9, 14, 22-29
"...From my distress I called upon the Lord;

The Lord answered me and set me in a large place.

The Lord is for me; I will not fear;

What can man do to me?

The Lord is for me among those who help me;

Therefore I will look with satisfaction on those 
who hate me.

It is better to take refuge in the Lord

Than to trust in man.

It is better to take refuge in the Lord

Than to trust in princes...

...The Lord is my strength and song,

And He has become my salvation...

...The stone which the builders rejected

Has become the chief corner stone.

This is the Lord’s doing;

It is marvelous in our eyes.

This is the day which the Lord has made;

Let us rejoice and be glad in it.

O Lord, do save, we beseech You;

O Lord, we beseech You, do send prosperity!

Blessed is the one who comes in the 
name of the Lord;

We have blessed you from the house of the Lord.

The Lord is God, and He has given us light;

Bind the festival sacrifice with cords to the 
horns of the altar.

You are my God, and I give thanks to You;

You are my God, I extol You.

Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good;

For His lovingkindness is everlasting."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jill,

Great verses!

Of course, I was in stitches reading that Peanuts! Lucy, ever the drama queen! Schultz truly had a talent.

-Carolyn

The Piper's Wife said...

Thank you, Carolyn, it was difficult to decide which to use.

Yes, this comic is priceless. I have had it for sometime for when I was ready :o)