Sunday, September 6, 2020

Once a rebel now all I know is Grace!!


I once was lost in darkest night

Yet thought I knew the way

The sin that promised joy and life

Had led me to the grave

I had no hope that You would own

A rebel to Your will
And if You had not loved me first

I would refuse You still

But as I ran my hell-bound race

Indifferent to the cost

You looked upon my helpless state

And led me to the cross

And I beheld God’s love displayed

You suffered in my place

You bore the wrath reserved for me

Now all I know is grace

Hallelujah! All I have is Christ

Hallelujah! Jesus is my life

Now, Lord, I would be Yours alone

And live so all might see

The strength to follow Your commands

Could never come from me

O Father, use my ransomed life

In any way You choose

And let my song forever be

My only boast is You

-Jordon Kauflin
*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jill, what a beautiful poem! Such a vivid description of before and after salvation. All to Him I owe! He is so kind to us as we traverse this earth, making us mindful of others who need our care and comfort. Keep posting for your readers and provoke us to good works, (Hebrews10:24) as He leads and for the glory of our Lord!

Kathryn

The Piper's Wife said...

Oh, Kathryn, yes these lyrics are so good, very personal. (The link is kind of rowdy!) When we sing it in our service it is calm and so sweet. Yes, we who are saved are still sinners/rebels, but saved by His marvelous grace! Praises!

Thanks for the scripture! So encouraged!