Wednesday, January 12, 2022

I Found a Friend

 
I’ve found a Friend, O such a friend!


He loved me ere I knew Him;


He drew me with the cords of love,


And thus He bound me to Him;


And round my heart still closely
 twine 

those ties which naught can sever,


For I am His, and He is mine,


Forever and forever.


I’ve found a Friend, O such a friend!


He bled, He died to save me;


And not alone the gift of life,


But His own Self He gave me!


Naught that I have mine own I call,


I’ll hold it for the Giver,


My heart, my strength, my life,
 my all 

are His, and His forever.


I’ve found a Friend, O such a friend!


All pow’r to Him is given,


To guard me on my onward course,


And bring me safe to heaven.


The eternal glories gleam afar,


To nerve my faint endeavor;


So now to watch, to work, to war,


And then to rest forever.


I’ve found a Friend, O such a friend!


So kind and true and tender,


So wise a Counselor and Guide,


So mighty a Defender!


From Him who loves me now so well


What power my soul can sever?


Shall life or death, shall earth or hell?


No! I am His forever.

-Small


No comments: